Hutchinson Stop-choc Ltd is a leading industrial, aerospace and defence manufacturing company supplying high technology anti-vibration & shock isolation mountings, illuminated aircraft cockpit instrument panels, display systems, and light weight avionics racking, to a wide range of customers and markets across the globe. As a Hutchinson Group company we benefit from being part of a substantial global player in the worlds high technology and industrial markets.
We are currently looking for an experienced technical sales professional to become part of our dedicated team with responsibility for sales of our illuminated aircraft cockpit panels and display systems.
Customer requirements vary considerably, often requiring bespoke designs and new product developments.
The position will suit someone with a sound engineering background and flare for problem solving. The ability to develop good working relationships with technical and commercial people is essential. Whilst the position is based at our office in Reading it will involve regular UK and some overseas travel.
- To identify and develop new business opportunities.
- To build and sustain good working relationships with existing and new clients.
- Establish and understand client requirements and specifications through technical/commercial meetings.
- To work closely with engineering, production, and suppliers to provide customers with the most appropriate technical and commercial solutions.
- To prepare technical and commercial proposals and present these to the clients.
- Negotiation of technical and commercial contracts.
- Preparation of monthly sales reports and forecasts.
- Be a qualified electronics or electro-mechanical engineer.
- A background of technical business development in the aerospace and defence market would be an advantage. However, training will be given.
- Be comfortable meeting new people and developing relationships with technical and commercial contacts.
- Be presentable and professional.
- Enjoy travelling and meeting customers.
The successful candidate will enjoy training and development, an excellent remuneration package including company car and 25 days annual holiday. The company also offers an excellent pension and a private health care scheme.
Please apply in writing stating your current salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org