Hutchinson Stop-choc Ltd is a leading industrial, aerospace and defence manufacturing company supplying high technology anti-vibration & shock isolation mountings, illuminated aircraft cockpit instrument panels & display systems, and light weight avionics racking, to a wide range of customers and markets across the globe. As a Hutchinson Group company we benefit from being part of a substantial global player in the worlds high technology and industrial markets.
We are currently looking for an experienced technical sales professional to become part of our dedicated sales team with responsibility for sales of our vibration and structures products in our aerospace and defence markets.
Applications vary considerably, and often require bespoke designs or standard product adaptations. This requires a good understanding of design and technical demands for a wide range of industries.
The position will suit someone with a sound mechanical engineering background and flare for problem solving. The ability to develop good working relationships with technical and commercial people is essential. Whilst the position is based from our office (currently Slough and later this year, Earley near reading) it will involve regular UK and some overseas travel.
- To identify and develop new business opportunities.
- To build and sustain good working relationships with existing and new clients.
- Establish and understand client requirements and specifications through technical/commercial meetings.
- To work closely with engineering, production, and suppliers to provide customers with the most appropriate technical and commercial solutions.
- To prepare technical and commercial proposals and present these to the clients.
- Negotiation of technical and commercial contracts.
- Preparation of monthly sales reports and forecasts.
- Be a qualified mechanical engineer.
- A background in aerospace & defence business development would be an advantage.
- Be comfortable meeting new people and developing relationships with technical and commercial contacts.
- Be presentable and professional.
The successful candidate will enjoy training and development, an excellent remuneration package including company car and 25 days annual holiday. The company also offers an excellent pension and a private health care scheme.
If you fit the above criteria and are enthusiastic about a career in a commercial environment whilst maintaining a high degree of technical responsibility, please apply in writing stating your current salary to:
The Sales Director, Stop-choc Ltd, Banbury Avenue, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4LR