Hutchinson Stop-choc Ltd is a leading aerospace and defence manufacturing company supplying high technology illuminated aircraft cockpit instrument panels and display systems, anti-vibration/shock isolation mountings and light weight avionics racking to a wide range of customers and markets. As a Hutchinson Group company we benefit from being part of a substantial global player in the worlds high technology and industrial markets.
We are currently looking for an experienced technical sales professional to become part of our vision systems sales team with responsibility for illuminated aircraft cockpit panels and display systems. These systems are sold widely around the globe for fixed and rotary wing civil & military aircraft and flight simulation applications.
Applications vary considerably, and most require bespoke designs demanding an understanding of mechanical engineering, illumination and electrical/electronic design.
The position would ideally suit someone with a sound mechanical or electromechanical background and flare for problem solving and developing customer relationships. Whilst the position is based from our office (currently Slough and later this year, Earley near reading) it will involve regular UK and some overseas travel.
- To identify and develop new business opportunities.
- To build and sustain good working relationships with existing and new clients.
- Establish and understand client requirements and specifications through technical/commercial meetings.
- To work closely with engineering, production, and suppliers to ensure designs meet customer requirements.
- To prepare technical and commercial proposals and present these to the clients.
- Negotiation of technical and commercial contracts.
- Preparation of monthly sales reports and forecasts.
- Be a qualified electronics/electro mechanical engineer or mechanical engineer ideally with knowledge of aircraft avionics and cockpit design.
- A background in aerospace & defence business development would be an advantage.
- Be comfortable meeting new people and developing relationships with technical and commercial contacts.
- Be presentable and professional.
The successful candidate will enjoy training and development, an excellent remuneration package including company car and 25 days annual holiday. The company also offers an excellent pension and a private health care scheme.
If you fit the above criteria and are enthusiastic about a career in a commercial environment whilst maintaining a high degree of technical responsibility, please apply in writing stating your current salary to:
The Sales Director, Stop-choc Ltd, Banbury Avenue, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4LR